- Shellac nail polish is a miracle from heaven. My nails look awesome and that makes me feel put together and fancy. (Silly, but totally true.)
- I get to spend all Friday with my bestie, just hanging out doing what we love (junk shopping). It's been too long and I miss her terribly.
- We are just two weeks away from the Gilmore Girls revival. There may be custom theme wear in my immediate future.
- My hope is found in Christ Jesus. God is love, and in Him there is no darkness at all, no matter what anyone else has to say. I've been mediating on my life verse, Psalm 27, and will continue to do so.
- It's almost basketball season. It's a crazy busy time, but maybe that's for the best. I never have done well with time on my hands.
- The band teacher and I are taking 60 kids to the symphony next week for free. Our kids don't often get experiences like this, so we're excited. Also, it's our first year to have a band in a while, so that's fun, too.
- Kindness and love still prevail. This election as been rough on all of us. Last night there were many messages of despair, but today, I have seen so many full of kindness and love, messages that remind all of us that we still have the choice to get up every day and try to fill the world with as much good as possible. I know I've doubled down on my efforts.
The world feels uncertain and I imagine that isn't going away any time soon. But just because that's true, doesn't mean there aren't things that we can do to fight back against those feelings. What's bringing you joy today?