Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's About Time!!

So you heard it here first, volumptuous is the new black.  Christina Hendricks from Mad Men was chosen as Esquire's hottest woman.  If you aren't familiar with her, she's stunning, charming, and not a stick figure.  I hope that this becomes a real trend.  Glamour magazine recently promised to use more models of all sizes in their fashion mag.  Crystal Rehn, a model who chose to return her body to a healthy and gorgeous 12 instead of a starved 2, just recently published a book about this same topic based on her struggles.  This is what girls need to see. 

Now, I say this realizing that I am overweight and that is not healthy.  But I think that it's time that society stopped pushing little girls to be unhealthy in either direction.  Let's encourage health instead of size and see what happens.  Because some people will always be a sample size, and that's beautiful.  However, some people won't, and that can be beautiful, too.  Just ask Ms. Hendricks and Esquire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...