Wednesday, January 6, 2010

For the love of a snow day...

I hate people who think that just because you are an adult, you can't get excited over things.  Like for instance, a snow day.  Now, I loved snow long before I was a teacher, but becoming one has done nothing to quench the excitement I feel when the weatherman begins to mention those magical words.  Forget it once he starts showing me the forecast maps.  Last night, I watched the news on two different channels and looked it up online just to see what the maps had to say.  And sure, we jsut started back, but who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth (another phrase I use but don't know where it came from)?  If the Good Lord sees fit to send us three to five inches of snow, then who am I to tell Him no?  It's possible that I might have been the girl lying in bed this morning praying something like "And snow, God.  We need it.  Please oh please ohpleaseohpleaseohplease!  Amen!"

And now would probably be a good time to mention that if we get snow and don't get a snow day, I will cry like a kid in the cereal aisle.  For real.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...