Sunday, January 10, 2010

In Praise of the Four Day Weekend and Then Some...

I am so excited to say that I did, in fact, get my snow day.  Two, in fact.  And what did I do with that?  Did you guess played Super Mario Brothers for the Wii until my fingers were sore and I was screaming in frustration?  If so, then you would be correct!  And yesterday I went to the team meeting, came home, and was in bed asleep at 8:00.  Don't tell me I don't know how to live it up!

I don't know if it's being a little sickly (cold/sinusstuff) or what, but I was really frustrated today after I left church.  I wish I had easy answers about how to fix things.  I don't.  Not even close.  I think part of it is that my thinking is just different about some things.  I tend to be a bit of a liberal on some issues.  I know that's a dirty word in the Christian community, but it's the best one I have to describe myself.  I get tired of small mindedness, of misogynistic agendas, of people who scream for change but make no effort to actually make any.  I love God, and I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior.  I believe that the Church is the universal body of believers and that it has nothing to do with which building or denomination we choose to worship under. 

I have no tolerance for fake niceties or for doing things for the sake of doing them.  I may not be the first to speak up, but I will have no issue doing so when I find something I am passionate about.  (I'd give you a list of possible topics, but it might get me started on a tangent...)  I think that following God is about doing as much as you can for His kingdom based on what you know to be true about God.  I think that it's important to find teachers and leaders you trust to learn more about His Word, so that you can become stronger in your faith.  I don't think that you have to attend church twice on Sundays and every Wednesday night to do this, yet I do believe that finding a group of believers you can worship with regularly is important.  I believe that no matter what we put into a service, there has to be something to take away before we can leave with a full heart.  And when you can't, you will be ready to burst with want for something that you just can't seem to find.

Maybe I'm way off base, but it's just how I feel.

1 comment:

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...