Thursday, April 29, 2010

21 Questions For A Thursday

1. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
     Delilah, but it's always kind of touch and go.

2. WHAT KIND IS IT?
     Pure evil

3. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
     I know better than to think you can control falling in love.  But I think that would be a very difficult thing to face. 

4. FAVORITE QUOTE?
     "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to put its pants on."  
           -Winston Churchill

5. FAVORITE PLACE?
       Pretty fond of Gulf Shores.  I would like to go back to Charleston, SC too. 

6. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA?
      Never been to Europe or anything like that.  I have been to Puerto Rico, which is outside the continental US, but still a territory.

7. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
       Dessert and procrastinating as long as possible

8. MET ANYONE FAMOUS?
     John McCain said "Hi" to me in the basement of the Capitol Building.  (Met Barack Obama on that trip too, when he was still just a senator).  Met Heather Headley once at a food court in NYC when she was still headlining Aida

9. FIRST JOB?
      I was a babysitter, like every other midwestern teen.  But I also worked as an assistant in my Aunt Beth's office during the summers in high school and then was her student worker in college.

10. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
      Of course!  A little sad that prank calls have gone the way of the rotary phone with Caller ID and the like. 

11. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOULMATE?
      I do.  But I don't buy into the idea that it has to be a romantic equilavent of some kind.  I think that there are people out there that fill different parts of your soul.  One of those may be a significant other, but it could also just be someone who shares a passion or interest, someone you just click with and know your life wouldn't be the same without.

12. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY?
       Nope.  I did apparently have special shoes with braces when I was little, however.  (Didn't know this until like two years ago though!)

13. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
       My fabulous cooking skills!  HA!!  No, it would have to be my voice.

14. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES?
       Yes, but my orthodontist had a substance abuse problem (seriously), so my teeth haven't stayed straight.

15. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
       To become independently wealthy

16. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT AND THEIR NAMES?
       Um, well.  There are several issues with this line of thought.  The first being that I would probably need a husband before I started popping out the kids.  With that said, I do have a thing about names, and have always loved looking at baby books and online sites for that kind of thing.  I mean, you are sticking your kid with this name forever, so you better choose wisely. 

17. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
       My parents picked my name out of a bedside pan because they couldn't decide.  Katherine is a family name, but I don't know that I was named after someone in particular.  Jane is my youngest aunt's first name.  (We almost share a birthday.)  Apparently, I could have been Megan Elizabeth.

18. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST TURN OFF OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?
       arrogance, without a doubt

19. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU LIKE(D) ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL?
       Being allowed to pretty much do whatever I wanted my senior year, since I was a good kid with a light class load.

20. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
       A John Frieda root lifting kind from WalMart!  It smells so good!

21. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
      My handwriting is not proper, nor is it always the same, but I love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...