Thursday, May 20, 2010

Crooked Lines

So, I've been a little quiet this week, I know.  Spent some time thinking, some time at federal jury duty, some time having a nervous breakdown about Project Graduation (which is tomorrow.  TOMORROW, people!).  I'm nervous because I want it to go well, and I'm the girl with all the plans to execute.  At least I do know that I will have help, and that soothes me more than you'd think. 

Keeping busy has actually been good for me because I haven't really had all that much time to think (or at least much time to think about things that weren't related to the law or Sam's Club).  Jury duty in itself was pretty interesting.  There's an episode of Designing Women where Julia gets called to jury duty and has a rant in the jury room and there were a couple times yesterday I wish I'd had that memorized (except she was going to have dinner with Jimmy Carter, so not sure it would have had the same effect).  The judge was awesome and the case was short, so I don't really have anything to complain about. 

Other than that, I don't really have a lot to talk about.  I really can't wait to have some time off, because I want to spend some time with my notes from Beth Moore's Esther study.  There was so much in a session that I know I didn't absorb everything I should have.   "For such a time as this..."  is just stuck in my brain.  I'm ready to see that reversal of destiny, let me tell you.  At Linda's funeral, the priest I grew up with, Msgr. Bill McGhee, quoted that "God writes straight with crooked lines."  It really struck me, and I asked where he had heard it and he said that he didn't even really remember.  But what a thought, right?  Sometimes, we look at our lives and wonder what He's going to do with this situation or that.  We wonder how this could ever be to God's glory and for our good.  And even if we never get an answer here, when we cross over I think that all the things that seemed messed up, crooked, or just a plain, old mess will make perfect sense.  All we have to do is hang on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...