Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Little Fun

My cousin recently commented that I hadn't been keeping up with my blogging.  I mean, how else is she supposed to know what's going on with me if I'm not blogging about it.  I'm almost done with my bedroom so, expect those pictures soon.  And before the day is out, I want to write about the amazing outreach my church put on last Saturday.  But before all of that, I thought I would have a little fun.

Back when I had satellite (read back when I lived at my parents' and didn't have to pay for satellite), I used to watch Inside the Actor's Studio from time to time.   My favorite part was the questionaire at the end, which is actually called the Pivot's Questionnaire.  So, I thought that I would join in the fun myself, because I am sure you've spent your life wondering about my answers.

1. What is your favorite word?   
I like the word lavish.  I am also a big fan of extraordinary.  But the one that I say most often would be awesome.


2. What is your least favorite word?
Like most of us, my least favorite word is wait.

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
I feel like I am at my best when I am surrounded by witty, intelligent people.  You can't say enough good things about a few hours or even minutes of exceptional banter.

4.  What turns you off?
Arrogance.  Entitlement.  People who think they are superior for no real reason.

5.  What is your favorite curse word?
Oh, it's totally sh!@.  But I am trying to curb my cursing which works really well until I'm in traffic.  Or I stub my toe.  Or someone crosses me.  (Trust me, try is the operative word!)

6.   What sound or noise do you love?
I love the sound of little kids laughing!  You can't help but laugh when you hear it.

7.   What sound or noise do you hate?
The guys at the tire center moving tires outside my bedroom window at the crack of dawn when I'm trying to sleep in

8.  What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I really love the theater and always thought about being a singer or actress.  Or a photographer (a real one who actually knows what they are doing).

9.  What profession would you not like to do?
Anything that involves blood.  Or being outdoors in the heat.

10.   If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Well, let me start by saying I am sure that Heaven exists.  But beyond that, I just want Him to say that I did okay with what He gave me to do.  Because what could be better than God saying "You really didn't screw things up, even if you thought you did."

C'mon, you know you want to join in!  So pick a question or 10 and answer them in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. 2. conch
    5. I think you know!
    8. the one Crystal is pushing for

    I'm answering the question you posted within your answer to #10.... "You really didn't screw things up, even if you thought you did. Here's a triple scoop of gold medal ribbon in a waffle cone! I've been waiting for you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey--your profession was Katie's idea first. I was just willing to let you hang out in my brand new kitchen while I did the taste testing :)

    1. What is your favorite word?
    Superfluous. Mostly because my husband doesn't say it right.


    2. What is your least favorite word?
    Maybe.

    3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    The presence of creative, spiritual and emotional people who are willing to talk and let me rant through things while I bounce ideas off of them--sometimes without them really knowing what I'm doing.

    4. What turns you off?
    Heat. Entitlement. It just gets to me when people think they deserve something. I've seen too many people who really did deserve something and never saw it happen.

    5. What is your favorite curse word?
    Same as Kate's. Although, I'm really working on my mouth.

    6. What sound or noise do you love?
    really tight harmony. Or silence. I like that a lot.

    7. What sound or noise do you hate?
    Banging. Clanging. And anything in between.

    8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    Haven't I done that already? Can't I just stay where I am?

    9. What profession would you not like to do?
    Things that involve sales.

    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    Oh Heaven. If it doesn't exist, I'm wasting my life. But it would be nice to hear Him say "Well done. You've been faithful with a few things." But, like Kate, I think it'll probably be closer to "Well, you didn't screw up too badly, eh?"

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...