Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Bedroom!

This renovation project started with a somewhat simple idea: "What if I took that picture David Michael printed for me and moved it to my bedroom?"  Which turned into:  "Can I make this the theme of my bedroom and how would it look if I painted the walls gray?"
I don't really have any before shots because I haven't been sleeping or really doing more than using my bedroom for storage for the last six months.  Sadly, I've been sleeping in my living room either on the couch or the mattress I eventually moved in there because I just didn't have the time to deal with things until summer came.  But, without further delay, here's the final results of Extreme Home Makeover: My Home Edition.

This is what it looks like looking from the corner...
And this is what it looks like from the doorway...
Pretty cute, right?   Let's highlight a few of the details.
This is the dresser.  It's still a bit unfinished, but I was finally able to make it functional.  It had a drawer that was broken, and I saw this idea in a magazine.  Using the bottom of the broken drawer and a couple baskets from Target, I have more storage.  I am going to refinish the dresser and drawers at some point, but it was just too big a task for right now.
This box is another one of my favorite things.  I bought it today from my new favorite place, Annie Laurie's Antiques.  It's actually a doll case that had the cutest daisies and suitcase pattern. Here's a closer look:

I display my costume jewelry using glassware from the kitchen.  I saw this on some other makeover show or magazine but it was a great way to use some of the dishes and bowls that saw little use and organize my collection at the same time.

I decided that my book obsession needed a new shelf to expand to, so I got this inexpensive one at Target and put it together.  I moved some of my favorite books into the bedroom and left the rest in the yellow room. 
Amber and I found this frame Friday night at Target (are you sensing a theme?)  It was whimsical and fit the color scheme, so Amber (and Steven) got the honors.
The other super cute items on top of the bookshelf I picked up at Annie Laurie's.  The billiards balls and the basket, all for a very reasonable price!  I was all over it the minute she posted the pictures on her Facebook (If you want to check it out, go here.)
I made a giant french memo board out of several I had around the house.  Dad helped me hang it this week and I've been reworking the pictures for several days to have a good mix of old and new ones.  Here's what I have so far (even though it's a little hard to see them all)
And the bed!  I am just in love with the way it turned out.  I found the bedding at Sears early in the summer with Crystal.  It was a steal!  Then I just had to get the bed situation worked out since I had a daybed before.  After I traded some furniture with Sheena's parent I managed to get a bed frame and box springs and Dad and Lu brought over the mattress today.  Kohl's had a good sale today on the pillowtop mattress cover and on pillows.  And the curtain idea came out of another magazine.  I really like the way it turned out with the mirror that has been there since my grandparents lived here.
And of course, there's Lu getting her face on my blog, just because she can.
Hope you all like it as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. I almost want to break a dresser drawer off so I can put cute baskets in! I also like your basket of billard balls! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...