Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Bad, The Good, and the Absolutely Hilarious

"Ring the bells that still can ring.  Forget your perfect offering.  There is a crack in everything.  That's how the light gets in." 
                           -from "Anthem" by Leonard Cohen


"The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered, we know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful." 
                             - Elizabeth Edwards, on her Facebook page

The Bad: 
The death of Eizabeth Edwards has really gotten to me.  I don't want to dwell on it, because I already discussed it yesterday.  It's just sad.  She was a lady of true strength, and I think the world is a little darker for having lost her, but blessed for having seen her example.

The Good:
I can't believe that I forgot to share that Little Miss E did make her arrival last Friday!  She's tiny, but healthy.  Mama's doing well also.  I am just so happy for this family.  Every time I see a picture of her, I am reminded of the goodness of God.

The Absolutely Hilarious:
My darling friend, Crys, writes circles around me, so I think it's especially nice of me to recommend that you go visit her blog (HA!).   She's one of those bloggers who fills her blog with wonderful, insightful things that make you think.  Or in this case, makes you roll with laughter.  She's like listening to the speakers at Women of Faith in person.  (I am so completely blessed to have her in my life, all joking aside.)  I completely lost it reading today's blog post and I think that you should read it, too.  Here's the link.  No, seriously, go right now!  You won't be sorry you did!


3 comments:

  1. That was a nice lift to my day! Thank you :) I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased the birth went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Crys - anytime! You know I love you more than my luggage!

    @ Rebecca - Me too! I haven't seen her in person, but I've seen lots of pictures and she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...