I've seen this on several blogs, like Joyce's for instance, and just couldn't resist playing along. It's so much easier for me to tell you what not to get me than to tell you what I want anyway. Here goes nothing...
Whatever you do, DON’T buy me…
1. CD - Really, don't buy me CDs at all. I'm an iTunes girl. But as far as artists, don't bother with Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa or Jewel. And you can hold the Sheryl Crow, The Black Eyed Peas, and anything in the Metal categories.
2. Book - Anything written by Sarah Palin. Hold your fire if you are a fan. You are entitled to your opinion. It's just not the same as mine. Can't we all just get along??
3. Restaurant gift card - Red Lobster. I know, the biscuits are to die for. But I hate seafood. And I've tried it, a lot of it. And it still makes me want to barf.
4. Retail store gift card - Wet Seal is probably out. And Hollister (can't stand the overperfumed, weird darkness of it all, even if I was thin enough to wear it). And please, I'm not old enough for Christopher or CJ Banks, even if the stuff is sometimes kinda cute. It makes me think of my mom.
5. Gadget - Pretty much anything from the "As Seen On TV" aisle. Though I'm ashamed to admit that I do think Snuggies are wonderfully cozy.
6. Other - I also don't actually need anymore knick-knacks with a strange floral motif. Or themed jewelry. Or candles.
But if you are looking for something and you have a little cash burning a hole in your pocket, you could buy me a Diamond in a Pearl necklace. Or any of these beautiful purses. Or, if you are really wanting to show off, you could get me this brand new car!
In all seriousness, I will be glad to just have time to hang out with all the people that I love. No, really. Unless you want to get me that necklace, because then, I will totally hang out with you instead!