Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thinking Pink and Other Goodies

I sadly had to miss Monday night's Pink Out at our school because I came down with the crud.  But, the great news is that it was a raging success!  Money is still coming in, but the community has raised $5000 to be split between a teacher currently receiving treatment for cancer and a scholarship in memory of the teacher we lost to breast cancer in November.  I am so proud to live in a community that comes together for this kind of thing.  And I'm hearing that plans are already starting for next year's event. 

I'm excited that I had a break from the concession stand last night too.  I was glad to let volleyball have it and head over to meet Amber after work.  We had dinner and did a little shopping (in which I bought everything but the cardigan I originally wanted) and then I came home and spent my last gift card from Christmas onmore books (thanks, Tim & Megan!) on the recommendation of Jen Lancaster!  So, good night!

And this morning, I woke up to snow!  We have about an inch on the ground, but it's covered the trees and just looks beautiful!  The best part is that the streets are clear so, I should still be able to get wherever I need to go today.   Wishing you all a great Super Bowl weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...