Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

Settle in, people, this is going to be a long one.  I had a great weekend, one that started Friday afternoon and ran full-speed into Monday!  There wasn't much down time, but there were many, many good times!  (and mosquito bites!)

Friday, after I got off work, I met up with Amber, Tara, and her brother, Keith to go to the movies.  We grabbed something quick to eat at Steak and Shake and then headed over to the theater to see The Hangover 2.   The movies was okay (basically a repeat of the first one, but not as funny because you knew the set up) but the company was exceptional!  We stopped by to see Casey at work and then headed back to pick up our cars.  Since we were already at Walmart, I ran into finish up a few errands because we had a baby shower to execute on Saturday!

Saturday morning began bright and early.  I picked up Amber and we ran to buy some flowers for the table arrangements.  The arrangements were simple but I was really pleased with how they turned out!

Jessica was in charge of the diaper cake, which was so adorable!
 This was my gift basket with a tutu as a bow.

Casey was in charge of the food (which is how it should always be) and she outdid herself!  I didn't get too many pictures which is a shame, but I was distracted by her adorable nieces and of course, the guests of honor!  The menu included pulled pork sliders, spinach and artichoke nachos, cole slaw, fruit kabobs, veggies, and deviled eggs.  And the yummiest mini cupcakes with champagne icing!  Here's a peek:






Tara and Macy got a ton of great stuff and it turned out to be a really nice shower! 




We were high fiving and praising our shower planning skills for the rest of the day.

Saturday night, we went to see our favorite local band, The Swamp Tigers, and then sang a little karaoke into the wee hours of the morning. 

Sunday, I got up for church (and was even there a little early for Sunday School) then spent the afternoon at my Aunt Beth and Uncle James.  He's home from the hospital and while he still has a long road, we are so thankful for how far he's come.  I was wiped out after Bible study and went to bed as soon as I could and slept in. 

But imagine how thrilled I was to find out that Macy Jane was making her arrival by the time I did get up.  Amber and I had a celebratory lunch and then went straight to the hospital!  Tara had a little scare after Macy was born, but since then everything has been good.  Macy is as sweet and adorable as you might imagine, and I can't wait to begin spoiling her rotten! 


It was a perfect ending to a great weekend...the last weekend of the school year!  If this is the tone this summer's going to take, I'm so ready!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...