- In the words of Norman Vincent Peale, " Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that." Circumstances change. If you don't like yours, use the tools you have been given to change things. Let your life be an example of how to succeed.
- You are no longer in high school. People will have less and less tolerance for "high school" drama. Proceed accordingly.
- Love is a great excuse for a lot of things, but it's never an excuse to settle for something less than you deserve.
- Some dreams may not come true. And that may suck for a bit, but it's not the end. Life will probably be different than you planned, but that's not always a bad thing. In fact, that tends to be one of my favorite things about life.
- You're never too old to go home. (And I'm not talking literally, necessarily.) We all need a place we can go where people know us and love us anyway, a place we belong. Some of you may have yet to find that place, but you will know it when you find it. I promise.