I have a few goals for the new school year and I figured that this was a good place to talk about them. So, here we go:
- I don't just want to be, I NEED to be organized. I am currently teaching seven classes with at least 17 kids apiece in them. If I start getting behind, I'm sunk. That's not even mentioning the club stuff. So far, so good, but it is only the second day of school and all.
- I want to be passionate about what I teach and compassionate for who I teach. Already it's apparent that we have kids who are facing some difficult things. I never want to let the curriculum I'm responsible for get in the way of the lessons I teach.
- I want to keep my temper in check. People, I'm kind of a hot head when you get me going about something. I'm loud and mouthy and all sorts of other things I am not proud of. I'm getting better every year about keeping myself in check, but I figure it's always something worth working on.
- I want to remember that I don't have to say "Yes" to everything I'm asked to be a part of. Every committee doesn't need my input. I spread myself too thin last year and it made me crazy (well, crazier than usual, anyway!)
- I want to learn as much as I can. Not just about my subject matter, either, though that's certainly a start. I want to learn to learn from the people around me. I'm lucky enough to have great people surrounding me, and I want to take full advantage of the opportunities.