Thursday, January 26, 2012

Are You Sure It Isn't Friday?

Some days, I just stand in the middle of the whirl around me and wonder, "How in the world did I get here?"  Today is one of those days.  I've just been a little overwhelmed this week in pretty much every area of my life.  Good news is that it makes for some interesting confessions.
  • As I was sitting in the hospital, holding my brother's daughter, all I could think was "How in the heck did they let us become the adults?"  Or me at least, because my brother and SIL are pretty good at this whole adult thing.  Meanwhile, I was rocking my Chucks and wondering if it was okay to consider candy orange slices and Mountain Dew a meal...
  • I may have put on an outfit that was slightly less than fresh out of the washer this morning because I forgot to do any laundry whatsoever last night.  I'm calling it lightly worn. 
  • I don't have any idea what I am doing in my after-school job.  I feel like I am a complete sham as the teacher in the room.  But, so far, I haven't done too badly winging it.
  • One of the big events I help plan is in two weeks and I haven't bought a single decoration or really done much more than paperwork for it at this point.  (I am going to work on it this weekend, however!)  I should probably be a little worried, but I am choosing to pretend that everything will be okay.  (Denial is not just a river in Egypt, my friends...)
  • A student coerced me into cleaning my desk the other day.  She was nice about it, but said something to the order of, "You don't have to live like this."  I tried to explain to her that I know exactly what is in each pile, but she wasn't buying it.
  • I need a hair appointment and an eye appoint and probably just a regular doctor's appointment and I haven't really had a chance to schedule a single one of them because I am constantly running around at one of my jobs during business hours and forget to call.  My roots are showing, I'm out of contacts, and I think I may have a sinus infection, so I should probably get on that.
Anyway, just thought I would make you feel a little better about your day!  Feel free to share a confession or two in the comments...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...