Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Tara!

T,

By now, you should know that I'm crap at sending things in the mail.  But sending love and good wishes over the internet?  That I can do!  It seems like we have known each other forever (though it hasn't really been that long, considering), and it is the one thing I will remain forever thankful to Timmy for.

We didn't become fast friends right away, but after many a night sitting out on the patio trading stories, I knew that you were a "broad" in the truest sense of the word.  (And you know that is the highest of compliments from me!)  But it wasn't until you offered your place in Charleston that a real bond began...



 (We bonded with Spencer, the best fur baby ever, too.  Even if he scared us a little with his energy that first day!)
 I don't think we could have ever imagined all the things that we have been through.  It's been a long and crazy ride, but you have come out of it with all the grace and style I gave you credit for all those years ago.  You may not have known your own strength, but we did, and we weren't disappointed!

And even better, you gave our little club the first sweet baby (and only, as long as Reagan refuses to come out and play)!  You made that whole labor and delivery look like a piece of cake, not that any of us should have been surprised.  And getting a chance to celebrate with you as you journeyed into motherhood was absolutely priceless!






Though your being on the East Coast means that we won't get to raise a glass with you on your big day, know that glasses (or bottles) will certainly be raised tonight!  To all the winery days belting songs in the car, the laughs and the tears, and to a lifetime more of friendship.  And it's less that 12 weeks before The Chicks Take VA!  Happy Birthday, my dear friend! 

So much love,
Kate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...