Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q Is For Quiet




Whenever I think about my personality, I think about this song.  I'm sorry about the Japanese subtitles, unless, of course, you speak Japanese, in which case, you're welcome!

Unlike Winnifred, I am a little bit shy when it come to being around new people.  But I am rarely ever quiet.  I love to talk. LOVE.IT.  And I have a big voice.  I don't mean to, that's just how it is.  My parents actually had my ears checked when I was a kid because they were convinced I was hard of hearing.  I wasn't.  I was just loud.  (Which isn't a clinical diagnosis, but maybe it should be!)

Sometimes this comes in handy, like when I am singing.  I can fill a church, auditorium or classroom with very little strain or effort.  When I sang with the girls, we would always turn my mic volume to half of what theirs' was.  (This confounded many a sound guy! But I always promised them I wasn't bothered by it!)  This also means that my inside voice isn't always situationally appropriate.  It can make me sound angry even when I'm not.  And my whisper is almost always not so much.

Even if it makes other people crazy (especially my mother), our idiosyncrasies are what make us unique, right?  Do you have a quality about yourself that you don't mind but makes others a little crazy?  Surely I'm not the only one.  (Please?)

3 comments:

  1. I have absolutely no desire to plan things. I mean, at all. From the small--meeting up with a friend--to the big--my life--I have no problem just going with the flow. This bothers basically everyone I know. I try to plan things a little better for my Type A friends, but it's just not in my nature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about me that drives others crazy? A defining quality? What do you mean? Do you think...

    I tend to question and over-think things...maybe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I speak softly around people but when I talk to someone one on one I'm pretty loud.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...