Monday, May 21, 2012

Being Elmo

It's the first full week of summer and I am already failing at using my unstructured time wisely.  Have I accomplished a clean house?  Nope.  Have I signed up for Netflix and ordered a few more things off Amazon?  You bet.  No one who knows me is actually surprised.  (Including me.)

During my exploration of Netflix, I found that a documentary I've been wanting to watch for some time was available.  Being Elmo is the story of Kevin Clash, who through a lot of hard work and big dreams became the voice one of the most recognizable Muppets. 



Sitting still is hard for me.  So is focusing for more than five minutes at a time.  But I was riveted by this amazing story!  I didn't want to miss a second of it, and maybe it's just because of my lifelong love affair with the creations of Jim Henson, but I don't think that's the only reason.  Kevin Clash is proof that if you work hard enough, and simply believe that failure is not an option, you've already succeeded.  And I dare you not to gasp out of wonder like a kid when Clash takes you inside the Sesame Street/Muppet workshop! 

If you haven't seen it, check it out.  It's worth the time, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that documentary is worth delaying a clean house by a day or tow!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...