Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 5/9

 

1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing?

I hate being overscheduled.  There's nothing worse than having a vacation that's more planned than work.  However, I also like to have some general plan, with extra time scheduled in for adventures as the mood strikes.


2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need everything in your closet plus the kitchen sink?

I am decidedly not a light packer.  I panic and think I am going to need things that I would never actually use in my everyday life.  But at least I am always prepared!  (right?)

3. What's the best lesson a child ever taught you?

Oh my goodness.  It sounds shmaltzy but I really do learn things from my students every single day.  Some lessons are more useful than others, but I think that any time you spend with a child is mutually beneficial.  (Speaking of, guess who gets to spend a whole day hanging with Miss M next week?  I am so excited I can hardly stand it!)

4. Share one piece of advice you'd give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market?

Good luck!  Ha!  I really think that the best piece of advice is that sometimes you have to do things you don't necessarily want to do before you get where you want to go.  The key is not to compromise your values and to work your tail off!


5. What's your favorite lemon something?

Lemon bars.  Because they look like Gooey Butter Cake and I will no doubt get a mouthful before I notice the difference.  And there's nothing worse than tasting something you didn't intend to taste.

6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel...your favorite footwear?

It depends on what I am wearing, but I usually go for the flat heel. 

7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you're not a beach lover (GASP!!) what do you dislike the least?

I love everything about being at the beach!  There's just nothing better than the sand and surf, the salty ocean smell.  And I pity the person who finds no joy there!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am just a handful of days from the end of the year and I can't wait for the moment of relief when I finally get to a whole summer off!  It's just like being a kid again.  Of course, I'm hoping to work a summer job (I know I said I wouldn't, but money's money.) and work on curriculum for my classes, so it's not like I am just going to be sitting around.  I will, however, be sleeping in!

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to my daughter's last day of school, too! No more having to roll out of bed at 5 AM for 2 1/2 glorious months! WHOOPEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping in is an amazing feeling, I can't wait until I get to. Enjoy your summer schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, lemon bars...and sleeping in...until 7:30 even"!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...