Monday, August 20, 2012

Saturday In The Park

I had the best Saturday I've had in a really long time.  It was one that I would like to put in a bottle and get out anytime I was having a crappy day full of responsibility and other grown-up things.  The first week back to school was relatively calm as far as first weeks go, but I needed that unwind time.  Luckily, I had some plans with some of my favorite people.  

For the first course, Amber, Cynthia, and I bought some winery lunch at Kroger (bread and oil, cheese, crackers, turkey pepperoni, and strawberries) and headed to one of our favorite local spots.  This particular winery has great sangria, and has the most relaxed atmosphere of any of the ones I've been to.  (And I happen to live in an area where there are many to choose from.)  We were joined by another friend and spent the unseasonably wonderful August afternoon shooting the breeze and generally just enjoying ourselves.

Once we had gone our separate ways, I ended up taking in the local county fair with Casey and her niece.  It was a beautiful evening, and while we watched her niece ride all of the rides, we might have also enjoyed some sweet tea and fair food.  Is there anything better than ribbon fries and fresh salt water taffy?  Here were a few of the pics I took.




Of course, I spent most of today in and out of sleeping because my allergies were really upset that spent all day outside yesterday.  I was a swollen eyed, wheezy mess, but it was definitely worth it!  And if that was great enough, I also am the proud owner of a working central air unit!  My trusty heating and air guy came and got me back to working order and though the window unit was keeping me cool, I am so happy right now!  Delilah is not as impressed.

 I hope you all have a great Monday!  (Because if you expect great things, sometimes they come true!)  Feel free to fill me in on what you did over the weekend in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Fair food and boardwalk food are similar. We were at the beach this weekend and had fries and taffy too. We brought a box home and I'm trying to forget it's in the pantry : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great weekend! We sorted out the basement (blech) but rewarded ourselves with a sunset cruse around the harbor Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...