Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 10/31



1. What creeps you out?

I don't like being outside in the dark.  I'm not a big fan of clowns.  I don't go to haunted houses or any of the many similar events this time of year.  And you will never find me eating Jello. 


2. What's your least favorite candy?


I don't really like Tootsie Roll Pops, which is weird because I do like Tootsie Rolls.  What can I say?  I'm complicated!


3. Are you a fan of scary movies?  What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

I am a huge chicken and never watch scary movies.  There are enough really scary things in the world.  My overactive imagination doesn't need the help!  I remember watching It when I was in junior high at a slumber party and that pretty much scarred me for the rest of my life. 


4. What part of life confuses you the most?

When I find a part that doesn't, I'll let you know!  :)  I can be really bad at interpersonal relationships.  I have a hard time deciding what is prying and what is appropriate when someone is going through something and I'm always afraid I will somehow make a bad situation worse.  This means that I might give people more distance than they need and come off like I don't care, when I definitely do.


5. Pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, poppy...what's your favorite seed?

Probably sesame, because it makes me think about sesame chicken which is one of my favorites!



6. Imagine your life ten years from today...what's changed?

I've learned that life is often not at all how you imagine it.  I would like to be married, to travel, to be doing what I love (whether that is still teaching or something else).  Most of my friends will have kids, some will have 10-12 year olds, which is crazy to think about.  I don't know where life will take me, but I am certainly interested in finding out!


7.  What do you a) love the most and b) like the least about the Hodgepodge?

a)  I love the questions!  Sometimes I'm shocked by my own answers, but they keep me thinking.  Joyce, you put in such a great amount of work each week and it's just fun playing along.

b) I dislike taking the time to get all of my thoughts together.  This is often my longest post of the week, and sometimes it takes more than one try for my ADD brain to settle down and get to work!



8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I've been having a great lesson in gratitude this week.  I'm so thankful that all of the people I knew in the storm zone are safe, but my heart breaks for those who have lost everything and those who have lost loved ones.  Stuff is just stuff.  It's the people that matter. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm a huge chicken too, so I completely understand. :) And finding that balance between showing you care and not prying too much is hard! What's the appropriate thing to say or not say, is not easy to decide at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter was not a big fan of clowns or even men with beards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also can't handle scary movies - after watching I always spend months freaking out when I have to walk to the bathroom at night, certain there's a murderer lurking in my hallway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see your connection between "It" and clowns....*shudder* I'd forgotten that one! I read the book which was about 100 times worse than the film, but I still think of Pennywise when I see a clown. Horrid creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clowns don't scare me, but haunted houses...no thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oy, Jello. I'm sorry but food should not jiggle so. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I have aged I have learned a bit more what is appropriate to say and what is not, but still I open mouth, insert foot every so often. Sometimes jusr "being there" and being quiet is best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jello! That's funny : ) And I love tootsie pops! I probably fall on the prying side of the line sometimes too. I think it stems from the fact that I talk to much and am pretty much an open book...sometimes I forget not everyone is like me in that regard. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...