Wednesday, November 21, 2012
1. Turkey-love it or leave it? White meat or dark? What's your favorite thing to make using leftover turkey?
Love it! It's one of the things I'm most looking forward to tomorrow! I'm a white meat eater, but I'm not big on leftovers. I will usually just eat some warmed up with a little gravy or spicy BBQ sauce.
2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?
I'm fairly sure both of those would kill me. I'm not a big altitude fan, however I don't believe I could run 1K. Hmmm...can I choose a Walk Away the Pounds DVD instead?
3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.
I feel like it has actually mad them better because I feel like that's the easiest way to talk to most of my friends. Especially The Chicks. We all lead busy lives, but it's nice to have a place to check in as needed (or rant as necessary)! And then there are all the awesome people on Twitter!
4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?
One of the best things you can do is the simplest, actually saying "Thank you!" I've been trying to practice actually telling people how grateful I am for them, as well. The more I see of what is out there in the world, the easier it is to see how much I have to be grateful for. (Which in turn makes me want to give back to others through donations, time, or prayer.)
5. In the US, the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person, or is it done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving night? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?
I am not a Black Friday shopper. If I do partake, it will be through the internet. I talked about this yesterday, but it bugs me that stores are opening earlier and earlier, giving their employees less time with their own families.
6. Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?
I have this tank top that has little bows all over it. It's versatile and lightweight and one of my favorite pieces.
7. What do you appreciate about your life today?
I hope there's little I don't appreciate. My life is so blessed, and I know that saying that sounds like a brag, but that's not what I mean. I'm not rich by any means, but by most country's standards I am. And I have the things that are more important than a bank account--good work, a loving family, and really hilarious and witty friends.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I cannot wait until lunch tomorrow. It will be crazy, but in the best way. Lots of food, lots of children (at least eight under age ten), a little wine (okay, maybe a lot of wine), and so much happiness. We have so much to be thankful for as a family--good reports after health scares, new babies on the way--that I just can't think of a better way to celebrate than by the great majority of my extended family being together.