Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Wednesday Hodgepodge - 1/2/13
1. How did you ring in the new year?
I rang in 2013 holding my sleeping niece and watching the ball drop on TV. Seemed right since she's easily the best thing that happened in the last year. (Hard to believe she will be a year old in just a few weeks!)
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
I don't have anything in particular right now. 2013 is kind of an open book as it stands. And for once, I think that's okay.
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you?
I think that is completely true. I wasn't same person at 20 that I was at 30. I can only assume that is truer with each decade. I'm a person who is very bad with change, but I do agree that it's necessary and even vital to our lives.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
Love it! My favorite cardigan is that color. And I do want to add more green to my house, particularly in my front room (new roman blinds) and living room.
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
I have always loved rubies and sapphires. Rubies are my grandma's birthstone, and she always had pretty pieces that were gifts from my grandpa. And sapphire blue is my favorite color!
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
I just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and felt like it was really brilliantly written. It's been a long time since I have been so thoroughly manipulated by a book.
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
It's okay to try, to put myself out there, to believe in the impossible. If I'm not the person I want to be, I can make whatever changes necessary to become that person. And if I fail miserably at all of that, it will still be okay. Sometimes permission to try and fail is the best permission you can receive.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm officially back to work today. This is the semester that we are putting on our first full scale musical, my first season of coaching track without my former co-coach. It's mid-year and also a clean slate. I think I'm ready for the next adventure.