1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
Is everything an acceptable answer? This house has got to get organized. I know I joke about what a terrible housekeeper I am, but some things have got to change around here. It's a small house and I'm the only one who lives here. I don't need this much stuff.
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
I have never had a job where I had to wear a uniform. I was a secretary in college, then a tutor, and then went right into teaching.
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'?
When I'm in the kitchen, everything's a mishap. I routinely burn things, due to my inability to pay attention. And judging by the number of times I've seen my mom burn garlic toast, I'm going to guess it's genetic.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
I'd like to say leave the room or pound them with my crazy positive attitude. Honestly, I probably just join in. Really trying to work on that for this year. I don't want to be the marshal of the negativity parade anymore.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I have my dad's coloring and eyes, but if you put my mom, sister and me in a line we look like a time lapse of the same person. Which I means I look like Mom. (This is good news as she does not look her age at all. And you should see my grandma!)
Old picture, but you get the idea.
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
Nope. I have a fairly shallow tub and I am a person who has to shower in the morning before work or I'm not worth anything. But I do like bubble baths, in theory.
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans),Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), VeniceCarnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
I would love to go to Mardi Gras (never been to New Orleans and have always wanted to go. Why not for the big party?) and Sundance (hello, movies! Celebrities!) for sure! And probably VeniceCarnival, because isn't Venice sinking? So it stands to reason that it won't always be there to see.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am almost back to full schedule post-break. There seems to be so much to look forward to between now and May that I wonder how I will fit it all in. I'm sure it might be stressful at times, but I am really trying to focus on how wonderful things will be. (See, look at all the positive energy!) Of course, ask me again the week my first co-directed musical is about to hit the stage...