Thursday, May 30, 2013

Oh, Technology

Technology and I have a bit of a love/hate relationship.  Last week, my iPod died.  Still not entirely sure what happened to it, but I tried every fix in the book and nothing worked.  So, this week, I got to buy a new one in anticipation for all the walking I'm going to be doing next month (for the #100inJuneChallenge, which starts THIS Saturday.  Also, how is it June already?).  It's a 16GB iPod Nano Touch, which is a definite upgrade from what I had.  My favorite thing is the pedometer, which now calculates steps and miles and keeps track of all of the workouts I use it on.  I know, I'm a nerd, but that all makes me super happy.

While I was buying things, I also purchased a Blu-Ray player that allows me to access YouTube and Netflix from my TV.  I don't know why I waited so long for this because it is easily the best thing ever. Since getting it hooked up on Tuesday, I have watched entirely too many episodes of The West Wing.  I have always felt like this is a show that I would have watched were in on today and not while I was graduating high school and in college. I mean, one of my all-time favorite movies is The American President, also an Aaron Sorkin creation.  So what took me so long?  There are so many brilliant lines and great scenes and why aren't there more show like this on television now?  And as if I didn't love Netflix already, there are finally getting to be a large assortment of great commercial and smaller independent movies available from the streaming service, too.  Safe to say I know where too much of my summer free time will be spent.  

Well, whenever I'm not walking anyway...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...