Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 9: My Friends In Pictures

Though the cast has changed over the years, I have always been lucky enough to have groups of formidable women in my life.  When I was in high school, these girls were my encouragers and co-conspirators.


 Then, in college, we all went off doing our own thing, though thanks to the wonders of technology, we still talk to this day.  But there was no void of amazing friends in college.  I went to a local community college for two years because it was free (yay, scholarships!) and I didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life.  I didn't know at the time how amazing those two years would be.  We created a lot of memories in a very short time.  Some of those women were in my life just for that season, but others have remained to inspire me again and again over the years.  



Meeting Crys and Sheena truly altered the entirety of my twenties.  We sang together from basically when I was 18 years old until I was nearly 30.  That's a lot of growing up.  We've seen each other through some things, to say the least.  They are actual family now (sisters-in-law, to be exact), but continuing to have them in my life, even if it's from the mystical land of Ohio, is an incredible blessing.  They continue to be big sisters to me, even though we aren't singing together every week.  

And then, there are these broads...




We're those girls.  You know, the ones in the restaurant being entirely too loud and having a little too much fun.  While the six of us are rarely together all at once (which might be best for society as a whole), we are frequently each other's non-judgmental sounding boards.  Every girl needs a group of people who you know will be wholly honest with you and won't hold back when you need to have some sense talked into you.  These are those women in my life right now.  And I couldn't love them more for everything they are.  

Can't wait to hear about everyone else's friends!  Even though I haven't gotten a chance to leave comments, I am reading everything!  I hope to get caught up with some of that later today.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend!


5 comments:

  1. I have "those girls" dinners with a couple of friends I met through work many years ago. Now we all know what's going on with each other's separate workplaces, but yeah, then get together to talk about work, money,politics and men for a few hours, can definitely turn into laugh fests or occasional loud poignant remarks.

    It's important to have good friends who are your non-judgmental sounding boards for, well, for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "those" kind of companions. True, non-judgemental friendship is such a blessing. I'm glad you have a good group of girls in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Ohio was a mystical land..lol. Having friends you can laugh with is good for the souls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one can replace the special friends we have in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing better than "girl time" and being with friends who understand you, laugh with you, cry with you, and care for you! We are so blessed to be the gender who "gets it" and has such a special bond with each other.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...