- Read more. - I've already put forth the 2017 Book Challenge, but I'm only doing so-so at that. I just don't have the focus to read during the school year, so I'm going to really work on making some headway this summer. I have a shelf full (and a Kindle full) of great books just waiting to be read!
- Turn off the TV. - I love television. I always have. But I'm spending too much time with it. This summer, I want watching TV to be an event, not constant background noise.
- Lose weight/Eat right. - My little sister gets married March of 2018. I desperately need to lose some weight before that happens. My big goal is 60 pounds, but I'm focusing on the daily goal of just surviving each day without completely losing it and eating an entire pan of brownies for now.
- Learn to cook. - I can read a recipe, but I don't enjoy cooking. I just don't. But I know that to be ultimately successful at losing weight, I need to stop eating pre-packaged crap. This means I'm going to have to be able to successfully prep and cook things that are good for me to eat. So, that will be interesting.
- Prep curriculum for 2017-18 - I'm teaching two different sections of American History, World History, and Music Appreciation, and while I've taught these classes before, I have several things I would like to work on before going at it again. My goal is to spend at least a day or two a week focused on getting these plans into working order. (And this is why teachers are never fully on break.)
- Go on adventures. - I love a good adventure. Whether it's going some place I've never been or just looking more closely at places I thought I knew, I want to go have some fun this summer!
I know these are mostly the lame things that people always say, but I really mean them and I am fully prepared to show proof this summer as needed. And most of all, I can't wait to get started! (Only nine days to go!!)