Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Healthy Addiction?

Yesterday, I had my first workout with my very own personal trainer (my little sister, LuLu) and it was punishing.  We worked out for an hour and that is an hour more than I have worked out in a really long time.  And while I had my moments of weakness (while on the eliptical for a blistering five minutes, I may or may not have told a co-worker that if I died tell them that I died bravely), I did finish the thing.  Sidebar:  How do those skinny little girls that were on the eliptical before me make it look so blasted easy? (Yeah, yeah.  I know.  They are in shape.  Because while round is a shape, it's not the one we're talking about here...)

I was so sure that this morning I would feel like complete crap.  I figured I would be sore from working some areas of my body that I'm fairly sure have never been worked.  But I feel like a million bucks, and that's really amazing because I didn't sleep worth a darn last night because my sinuses can't understand how we went from 70 degrees to 20 yet again.  And the best part, the real kicker, is that I can't wait to go back again today.  I actually find myself wondering if I can actually get in a longer workout today.  Crazy, right? 

My mom told me once that if you do something for 21 days in a row it will become a habit.  I don't know if that's true, but I think I am going to test the theory.  (21 days from yesterday means working out every day to March 15.  Yes, I did the math.)  I'm going on a little vacation in April and I would love to be down a few pounds by then.  More importantly, I have two very big weddings coming up in June, and I would like to look good for them.  (You never know when a cute, single boy might come along, right?)  Kidding aside, I mostly just want to feel good again.  And if today is any indictation, then I may have found my answer in a new healthy addiction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...