Monday, February 22, 2010

Taking Care Of Business

It wasn't all that long ago that Crys wrote a post about doing your job.  I was all "Amen!" and "Hallelujah!" because it's a subject that totally gets under my skin.  I do my job.  Sometimes I do my job and several other peoples'.  Some may say it's my mentality, that I like it when things are done well and I expect everyone to follow suit.  (Which is hilarious because I am not like this in other areas of my life, like housekeeping, for instance.)  Some may even say that I am a control freak.  But, 9 times out of 10, they will say that I did a good job.

Something I have never really stood for is the double standard.  I expect you to do your job to the best of your ability and I will do mine.  I expect that if you don't, you will hear about, because I know I certainly will.  I know that sometimes, even when you are doing your best, things go awry.  I accept that.  But, for Pete's sake, try.  Do everything in your power to be prepared and organized.  Because, if you are, things will go right more often than they go wrong.  And it keeps me from having to double up on my stuff just because you didn't.

Do your job.  I promise to appreciate it.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...