Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Can't Stop Now!

I've been on a bit of a blog roll so far this month, so I felt like I had to post a little something today.  Other than laundry and dishes, I didn't really accomplish all that much today.  (Though if you saw the state of things around here that might seem like more than it is.)  Let's just say that I am a lot of things, but a great housekeeper isn't quite one of them. 

Early in the afternoon, my little sister, Lu, sent a text asking if I would go with her to the doctor and then for our usual Mexican and DQ date.  I agreed, of course, and was able to get most of the things that I will need to finish my bedroom purchased (paint, curtains, etc.).  I'll be anxious to start on that Thursday, and will hopefully have my whole bedroom ready to roll by the weekend.  I can't wait to post pictures of that finished project!  There's still plenty to do before I even paint.  I have to patch several nail holes and whatnot.  I'm so glad that my daddy taught me how to do those things when I did my original renovations on this house!  It's nice to be able to take care of things like that myself instead of having to ask for help.  Being single has its drawbacks, but learning how to fix things around the house myself isn't one of them.

My goal is that by the middle of next week I will have this house cleaned up, my bedroom finished, and can begin Renovations: Phase 2.  I feel like I need to explain to you that when I moved into this house, a certain amount of furniture was already here.  I didn't have anything other than my bed, so these things were quite welcome.  One of those pieces was a couch.  This couch weighs roughly as much as a compact car.  It feels like it has a hide-a-bed inside, but it doesn't.  One night several years ago, while a friend and I were watching TV, the legs started to come off, causing a pretty severe tilting issue.  I, in my infinite wisdom, took the legs off, meaning that my couch was now an 800-pound lowrider, sitting just a foot and a half off the ground.  This was fine for me, as I am short, but it proved to be a bit of an issue for those that weren't. 

Well, I have loved this couch with all my heart, but my mom subtly mentions how I need a new couch just about every time I make a purchse for my house.  For instance, I go to Wal-Mart to buy some paper towels, "Honey, don't you think you could save that money and put it towards a new couch."   The poor, old thing is starting to go.  It's almost 20 years old, has no legs and sags in the middle.  Every once in a while, I can actually feel a spring break loose and head for the hills.  So, this fall, for my mother and for my own good, I am going to buy a new couch.  Maybe a double chair too.  Who knows?  Phase 2 is still actively being formulated, but I'm sure it will be great.  It might even mean I get to move the non-working (because Delilah chewed the wires when she was a kitten) treadmill out of my office!  I may go wild just thinking of what could happen!

But for now, I am going to fold another batch of laundry and get ready for bed!  Tomorrow is another big day, with fabulous adventures awaiting to unfold!

P.S. Let me know what you think about this new blog look!  Been a little bored with the old one and thought we might be due for a change!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new look. I also love DQ. I enjoy Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzards made with chocolate ice cream. However, I fear that in my old age, they have become to chocolately for me, so I might need to switch to a simpler one like, Oreo.
    Are you thrilled that I have shared with you my ice cream choices?
    I thought you might be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more than thrilled with you sharing your ice cream choices! I'm a French Silk Pie blizzard girl myself. And there's no such thing as too chocolately!!

    Thrilled that I'm not the only one who likes the new look for my little blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...