Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Do You Want To Spend All Weekend in the Box of Shame?"

On Monday, Mom mentioned that my grandma was going to have my cousin, who I'll be calling Giggles, all day on Tuesday and wanted to know if my sister and I would be willing to help out.  Knowing a good opportunity when I see one, I decided we would go to the movies.  Here is the huge bag of popcorn, this will come into play in a minute...
Here's Giggles, waiting for the movie to start.  We went to see Despicable Me, which was absolutely hilarious!

 
Here's LuLu, who doesn't ever want to miss a chance to appear on the blog.  (Ignore the red eyes, I was too lazy to photo edit before I blogged.)
So I set the bag of popcorn with Giggles to take the picture and immediately realized I wasn't going to get it back without a fight.  Despite being no bigger than a minute, this child can put away some food.  Eventually, we compromised and filled up a small bag for her out of our bigger bag.  I can't help but love a girl who is serious about her food!
About the time the movie started, Giggles decided that she wanted to sit in my lap.  Of course, I obliged and we spent the rest of the movie cuddled up, laughing.  After the show, I was informed that she was hungry (after a bag of Sour Patch Kids and a bag of popcorn), so of course we went to Dairy Queen.  Here's Giggles and her DILLY BAR!  (Which is what she kept saying when I asked her to eat her hot dog first!)
We still had some time before we had to go back to Grandma's, so we decided to hit the park.  Giggles didn't understand why Lib wouldn't go down the slide in her dress, but I think she managed to have a good time anyway.  (And didn't throw up everything I'd fed her like some kind of Gremlin, so SCORE!)
We had a great day!  But I was completely exhausted!  I really admire all the moms out there who keep up with busy little ones all day long!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...