Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Warning: This Post Is A Hot Mess!

First thing first.  Delilah wanted to make sure I posted a nice picture of her since I posted all the bath ones.  She has almost forgiven me for all of that.  Here she is perched on my chest first thing in the morning, looking like the diva she is.
This is my new book.  I'm barely into it.  I read her first book and really liked it.  It's just a big switch from the fast pace of Jen Lancaster.  Marisa de los Santos loves to write with an almost poetic nature, very descriptive and image-heavy, which is beautiful to read, but you have to focus and we all know that isn't something I'm great at.  I've also been watching lot of old movies recently, Easter Parade and Singing In the Rain, which just make me more convinced I was alive during the wrong era.  I think I would have made a kick butt singer at a USO or dance hall.  I love the hair and the clothes and handsome dancing men like Gene Kelly.  Ah, be still my heart!  The only thing better is young Marlon Brando in Guys and Dolls.

On Saturday, Sheena and I did a little antique shopping while we were in town.  This cutie belonged to the owner of the shop and he was SO sweet! 

Pretty much everything else about this place didn't work for me though.  The prices were a little out of joint with the quality of most of the stuff.  Plus I don't really like shops where everything is just crammed together.  I'm all about the treasure hunt, but I don't want to sift through junk to only find more expensive junk.
Luckily, the trip was redeemed by a stop at the ice cream shop.  This ice cream was so good it made you want to hug a cow!  When I look back and wonder why I didn't lose any weight this summer, I will blame my ice cream obsession.  The Rocky Road is mine, Sheena had something with cherries...I don't remember what it was called. 
I'm just all over the place today.  I know, but if you come here often you know that's not really all that odd. What happened the rest of the weekend/week?  Crys has already talked about how great prayer group was on Sunday!  God showed up and showed out!  And you have to love that.  We are banning unbelief, knowing that God will answer our prayers in the way that is best for us!  The sweetness of the Spirit blesses my heart, even three days removed from that time. 

I went to my parents on Monday and that's getting to be one of my favorite times, just hanging around watching TV and chatting with my parents.  We watch Antiques Roadshow, CBS sitcoms, and Rizzoli and Isles (which I really like!).  I will always take a free meal and some good conversation!

Oh, and my new favorite photographer is this girl.  She's young, but she totally has the eye!  And I like her work more than I like many "professionals".  So if you get a chance, check her out.  She would love the Facebook "like."  Who doesn't love encouragement?!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...totally has a great eye. Thanks for sharing. I didn't even know she was into photography. (Note: OMGsh..she totally looks like her mom!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...