Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And Just Where Have I Been?

This is a sign of progress, people.  I have finally finished painting my bedroom.  It's a lovely shade of gray that's actually a little bit darker than it looks in the picture.  I got that finished Saturday morning, just in time to get ready for my grandma's 80th birthday party.  I will have more pictures up from that in a post to follow, but was a great time!  For the first time in more years than I can remember, all the cousins from my generation were together with there families.  (Mom's side of the family's a lot bigger than my dad's!)  Here's a look:
 
On Sunday after church, Sheena and I went to buy school supplies for the church giveaway this Saturday.  We give sets of school supplies to the community for free, thanks to the generous donations made to the church.  It's always fun to spend someone else's money!  We filled Sheena's trunk with all kinds of goodies.
Yesterday, I spent the day tying up loose ends.  I had to finish some things with my college class and then run to the church to take care of some things for the nursery (I just love putting out new toys to surprise "my babies!")  Then I stopped and visited my sweet friend, Sarah and her family.  And, since it was Monday night, I ended the day at my parents' house.

Which brings me to today.  I feel like I should tell you something about myself.  I am a packrat.  And kind of paranoid about someone stealing my identity (though I am fairly sure they would give it back to me once they looked things over).  So all of that led to a big fat mess in my desk.  I am trying to fix that situation however, thanks to this little guy:

which turns this
into this.
Thus ending my secret shame.  Maybe now I will actually be organized.  Or not, but I figure the attempt can't really hurt.  Since this is the last week of my vacation, I am trying to finish up all the things that I have been working on this summer, plus get in some school planning and hopefully some fun too!  I can't believe it's been a whole summer already!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...