Monday, October 4, 2010

Why Is It....

I get my best revelations when I am getting ready in the morning.  I find this ironic because I am not really a morning person, so I'm not usually at my best when it comes to making sense, but whatever.  Anyway, yesterday morning as I was getting ready for church, I was stewing over something someone had said to me.  They were rude and they didn't need to be, and it was really bugging me.  I'm not nearly as tough as I would like to pretend to be, and I have a terrible habit of replaying bad things to see what I did that caused it, even if there's no real rhyme or reason to it.  I don't just chew on a problem like a dog with a bone, I suck all the marrow out and then beat myself up with it.

Well, as I was stewing, I felt God speak into my heart.  He said "Why are you so willing to carry around the ugly things that happen, but you won't carry around all the good?"  Good question.  I am so blessed in my life.  I had an amazing weekend!  (Which I will tell you about when I have all my pictures up and worked over).  I have all of these people in my life who really do love me.  And I have a God who took a sinner such as I, and loved me enough to send His son to die for me.  Why should I let some mean person ruin all that good?

So, I'm casting down my baggage.  From now on, I am traveling with my blessings on my back. And I'm finding that to be a much more enjoyable load.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...