Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bah-da-da-da-da-da---They Say Friday's My Birthday!

So there are very few pictures of me on this blog.  And in honor of my birthday, I thought I would give you a bit of a retrospective.  This first one is from my first Christmas.  Yes, my mother looks a little stoned, but I promise you she wasn't.  It's just that that picture is probably the first and only time I slept as a child.  My mother says that if I have a child she hopes that it doesn't sleep until it's three, because it's only fair to get what I gave.

And in the interest of equal time, here's me with my daddy.  I was the firstborn, and the first grandchild to my mom's parents, so to say I was spoiled is probably so mild it's incorrect.  I'm still spoiled.  And I'm okay with that.
I grew and I was simply adorable, if I do say so myself.  And right away, I began to show a flair for the dramatic.



And birthdays, they've always been kind of a big deal to me.  Oh the pictures I could show you!  I had slumber parties, boy/girl parties, and always super awesome family parties.  Here's a sampling...

2nd Birthday
 6th birthday (at Showbiz)
 LuLu, my cousin and me on my 16th birthday...
 My 21st birthday

And here I am on the eve of my 29th, an age which I know freaks some people out.  But I'm not.  I know several really awesome people who didn't get to be this old.  And know they would have given anything to be.  So I am nothing but grateful for 29 years of laughter and love and good friends and family.  I think this will be my year.  And even if it's not, I will be thankful.

PS Happy Birthday to my Auntie Jane, whose birthday I missed my 11 whole minutes.  (She tells a story about being so excited about my birth that she ran around telling people "My sister's an aunt!"  and didn't even get why people weren't especially happy for her.)  Lots of Love, Auntie! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...