Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 23: A Video I Love

I have to admit that I am a little addicted to YouTube.  Okay, more than a little.  It's closer to obsessed.  So, I have a lot of options when it comes to videos.  I narrowed it down to three videos that make me smile. 

The first is a video from the Tonys.  If you don't know anything about In The Heights, the Tony Award winning musical that I've mentioned more than once on here, I'd have to start by saying that it gets its heart and spirit from composer/lead actor, Lin-Manuel Miranda.  He started writing it when he was 18, and ten years later, it won him a Tony.  And he raps his speech.  (Oh, and I happen to believe in Chris Jackson, too.)  Let me know if you aren't completely teary-eyed at the end when he thanks his then-girlfriend (now wife), Vanessa.



If that doesn't get you, check out this one.  Erin, who I went to college with, and her husband, Jeremy welcomed a beautiful baby girl in August.  This is a video they made of their maiden voyage into parenthood.  It took more than 1,200 pictures to create it, but I think you will agree it was well worth it! (Thanks for letting me share it, Erin & Jeremy!)



And finally, I give you 14 seconds that doubles me over every single time I watch it.  In fact, I can't believe it wasn't Sheena's favorite video.  Hips do, in fact, lie, people.



I especially love that he sings along!  Hope you've got the giggles now too!

2 comments:

  1. Jeremy and Erin's video was SO beautiful! I love the name Eliza as well :)

    Haha that last video was hilarious. What a plonker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was so thankful that they allowed me to share it! It's such a work of art.

    And as far as that last one...I'm going to need you to define plonker so I can use it correctly! Glad it made you laugh though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...