Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. What does it mean to have the 'holiday spirit'?
      I think it means that I don't want to take out every person who likes Christmas songs.  It also means that I try to smile at people instead of hollering "Suckers!" out the window as I steal their parking spot in the mall parking lot.  I don't think it means I have to decorate all out, wear Christmas sweaters (thank goodness!), or bake, though you may still enjoy those activities.

2. What sits atop your tree (s)? Why?
     Well, this is where I make my Christmas confession that I don't actually have a tree.  I don't put one up because it's just me at the house, and a tree pretty much just seems like an attack position for Delilah anyway.  So, I don't have anything atop my tree.  I do hang the ornaments across the curtain rods in the living room sometimes, but I don't think I'm even messing with that this year.

3. When was the last time you gave yourself a pat on the back?
     Today, when I managed to actually make it to work early and finish what I needed done before Homecoming elections.  I've been very productive today, in fact.  Way to go me!

4. Which of your senses is most sensitive this time of year?
     Smell.  Cookies!  And cinnamon.  And Vanilla.  And Grandma's house.  And cookies!

5. What do you have too much of in your kitchen?
     Stuff.  My kitchen also houses my washer and dryer.  And it's very narrow, so the space to stuff ratio doesn't really work for me.  Maybe I can get that fixed over break.  (But I wouldn't count on it!)

6. What do you do for meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Big meal? Breakfast tradition? Open the cookie tins and have at it?
      All of the above?  On Christmas Eve, we go to my mom's side of the family, eat and open presents.  Then I head to my parent where we raid Mom's Christmas goodies and mock the choirs on TV.  On Christmas Day, we have some kind of breakfast goody, then my dad's side of the family comes over and we have another meal and more presents.

7. What is the best thing about winter?
     SNOW!  Not ice (which it sounds like we might be gettting here soon!), but the perfect fluffy goodness of snow can't be beat.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
     Semester exam days don't only test the children.  They also test my patience.

6 comments:

  1. Cookies! Yum! Good job on getting to work early! I love when I get myself going.
    For example, today I will bug myself. Because I need to head to town in like 1 1/2 hrs and I am still in my jammers.
    Do you understand how much works goes into transporting 4 children, Katie?
    Do you understand!?
    Also. Today I shall be travelling with a bunny and a puppy.
    It will be funtastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applause to you, dear friend, for carting pets and children anywhere. I do, in fact, know how much work goes into transporting for children, as one of my friends can't seem to figure out how to stop having babies. It's work! Add in the pets and you totally get the gold star for mothering!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your answer to #1 was excellent! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your answer to #1! Thanks for matching my snark content! : )

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, you hang around here long enough and you will see that I am all about the snark content!

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...