Friday, January 14, 2011

Unadulterated Joy

I went to my girls' Regional Championship tonight a bit begrudgingly.  Not because I didn't want to be there, but because it was the end of a long week of being completely unmotivated, and the idea of a 30-minute drive to where the game was being held just wasn't doing it for me.  But they asked, so I went.  It's nice to know that the teacher I want to be sometimes wins out over my selfish wants.

Anyway, I am thrilled that I went!  My girls' played an excellent game, and won in the very last seconds.  You just can't beat the kind of joy!   I witnessed a whole lot of happy in those moments between the final buzzer and that trophy hoisted high.  But the sweetest one was as the girls were coming out of the locker room.  One of my toughest, no-nonsense girls came running out, across the floor, and straight into her daddy's waiting arms with a look of happiness you just don't see all that often once a kid reaches junior high.  I can't do it justice with my words, but it warmed my heart in the very best way. 

It was totally worth the extra effort.  I am tremendously proud of you girls, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...