Sunday, February 13, 2011

Restless

Lately, I have been feeling very nostalgic, which is equal parts good and bad.  I'm a packrat, so it's not exactly uncommon for me to run across something that brings up a memory.  But lately, I've had several of those moments in a row.  And that's got me a little worn down, a little more tender than I normally am about such things. 

Honestly, it's not even all romantic relationships that have been on my mind, though they are there, too.  I've just done a lot of thinking about other times and places in my life and how much I miss them.  I don't want to go back, really.  That's not quite my style, the whole "good old days" thing.  I just wish I had some of the sweetest memories in a bottle, so I could take them out and hold them for a little while.  Because while there were painful parts, there were also golden moments that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. 

The problem is I just don't know where to put them all today.  And so that's explains why I am sitting here trying not to cry off my Sunday morning make-up. 

2 comments:

  1. I do that a lot, too, especially with my kids. Time goes by too fast. I can't believe I am almost 30. I am glad you have such happy memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cue Jim Croce's "If I Could Save Time In A Bottle".

    Sounds like you needed a quality Sunday afternoon nap. I hope you got one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...