Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Would you rather be seen as a person who did their duty or forged their own path?

     I would love to say that I am a forged my own path kind of girl, but in most ways, I'm just not.  I am someone who does their duty, but tries to find ways to add my own unique style.  If that makes any sense at all...


2. This week's Wednesday Hodgepodge happens to fall on Groundhog's Day. In keeping with that theme, if you could have a do-over of any one day out of the last seven, which day would it be and why. If you haven't seen the movie Groundhog Day this question will make absolutely no sense but that's okay....you can answer anyway.

     Friday.  Homecoming Day is a ton of work, but it's a lot of fun too.  If I could do it over, I would relax a little more and worry a little less.  It's hard to be in the moment when you are worrying about whatever if supposed to be happening next.


3. Hot cocoa...yay or nay on the marshmallows?
  
    Mmmmm....Marshmallows!  Especially if I am making my own. 


4. Do you wear makeup every day? What are the top two must haves in your daily makeup routine?

     If I am going out, then yes I do wear makeup everyday.  I don't have to have all the fixings everyday though.  My skin is kind of crappy, so I like to have concealer and Neutrogena foundation, if nothing else.  It's the only foundation that I've found that doesn't make my skin dry or otherwise worse. 


5. Is it more important to you in a relationship to be loved or understood?

    Good luck understanding me.  I don't even always understand me.  I think it would be much better to know that you were loved no matter what.


 
6. Parsley sage rosemary or thyme... your favorite?

    Would now be a good time to mention that I don't cook?  And aside from parsley being a garnish as well as an ingredient, I would never be able to tell you the difference between them?  Because I wouldn't.


7. What do you do when you feel angry?

     I depends on the situation.  If I am angry/hurt, I will probably cry.  If I am just furious, I will still probably cry and then rant to the nearest available person.  I have a long fuse, but once I lose it about something, you probably don't want to be in my path of destruction.  Eventually, I will calm down and try to find a way to do something with whatever is happening, but that step can take some time.

 
8. I am sick of being sick.  I am sick of people I love being sick (including my uncle, who is in ICU).  This winter has been full of grossness and disease, and I am ready for it all to dry up and go away!  And we still have a lot of winter left!

12 comments:

  1. #6...cute! Sorry you've been sick...hope you feel better soon. I'll pray for your Uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you've been sick...it has been a brutal winter. #1 makes sense to me : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope winter goes soon. It seems to have been a long one all over the world this year. Brrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bobbi - Wish I were kidding on #6! Thanks for the prayers. They are much appreciated!

    @Joyce - Got some medicine yesterday, so hoping to feel better soon! Thanks!

    @Sterlingsop - You are not kidding! I'm just glad I missed the bad weather this time! Ice is awful and I feel sorry for those battling it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aint that the truth! It HAS been the sickest winter I can remember too... EVERYONE has SOMETHING... bring on Spring so we can open some windows & get rid of germs!!!

    You sound like me - my skin HAS to be covered up with make up... Thank you Lord for mineral powder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to meet another blogger who doesn't cook! Sorry this winter has been so hard on you and your loved ones. Hope you're better soon. Just keep telling yourself--spring is right around the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you as for the parsley..
    What is the difference?

    So sorry you and your loved ones have been sick this winter.
    Several people I know have been sick but so far my family has not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making your own marshmallows?? I need to figure out how to do that!! Sorry the sickies are getting to you all, but Phil said only 6 more weeks of winter...to that I say duh...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Rebecca Jo - I agree on the sickness and the make-up issues! Thanks for stopping by!

    @Beverly - you have totally come to the right place is you were looking for a non-cooking blogger. Thanks for the get well wishes and for stopping by!

    @Michelle - Exactly! (on the parsley!) And thanks about my loved ones. It's been rough. I'm so glad you came to visit today!

    @Amy - No, my own hot cocoa not my own marshmallows! I don't know how one might do that, but I have a feeling it requires entirely too many steps for my ability level.

    ReplyDelete
  10. #5 made me laugh, I'm the same way! Also, we spent almost our entire tea time discussing everyone that was sick. It was sickening! When will the madness stop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Missy - You know me, I'm all about being honest. Between my family and my students, someone has been sick non-stop. I'm so over it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. :)) I don't cook either!!! and I also teach Middle School!!! I didn't even know what Joyce was talking about in #6. I hope all feels better in the sick department.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...