Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday (For Real Though!)

I've tried all morning to come up with something interesting to share with you.  Today, I just don't have anything.  I suppose there may be those that argue that I'm never interesting, so why I am so worried about today?  Fair enough.

It is, in fact, Fat Tuesday.  Not just over at The Lumberjack's Wife either.  This is the big one--Mardi Gras--the day when you're supposed to party it up so that you can survive 40 days of sacrifice for Lent.  I haven't given up anything for Lent in years.  I've toyed with trying to do something positive instead of giving up something, but I just haven't really decided what that's going to be.  I know, I'm running out of time here, but as a former Catholic who now goes to a denomination that doesn't really pay much attention to Lent, I'm just having a little trouble getting it together.  (Aren't I always?) 

I can't believe it's only Tuesday!  This week feels forever long already.  I am ready to check in to Weight Watchers this week and see how I've done.  I promise I will do an update either Thursday night or Friday.  I'm pretty sure I have lost some and I don't really feel deprived at all.  Score on both counts!  I haven't, however, gotten really motivated about exercise since it got cold again.  I know I was supposed to get moving in March, but when it's cold and rainy, I just want to go to sleep.  Hopefully the weather will get warmer and my body will get busier!! 

Apparently, it is also National Women's Day.  I have been influenced by so many awesome women in my life.  I have strong grandmothers and aunts, a strong working mom (who went back for her Master's with 3 kids) and an awesome sister who is going to be an amazing nurse!  There are countless other women in my life who help me know exactly who I want to be when I grow up!   I'm certainly blessed and I couldn't let the day go by without saying as much.

That's enough rambling for one day!  Come back tomorrow for the Wednesday HodgePodge!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for not feeling deprived! :) I think WW is nice because you can usually work it out so you still get to eat what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I am liking about it! It's totally worth the cost of the program if it works. And so far, I've been impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...