Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Luck Of The Hodgepodge

1. What would you do if you found a pot of gold? Let's pretend this pot of gold is worth exactly $1500 (which would actually be more like a cup of gold at current values). Anyway, let's also pretend you have to spend it as opposed to making a donation someplace. Now tell me what you would do with that pot of gold?
cup 

     Sounds like enough to take care of the downpayment on a new car!  Or at least one new to me.  That would be awesome!

2. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form?

     This year, I will be celebrating with Parent/Teacher Conferences.  I will be wearing green, but I'm not sure that's what you have in mind.     

3. Have you been bitten by the Spring Cleaning bug? What spring cleaning job most needs doing at your house? What spring cleaning job are you most dreading?

     Spring cleaning?  What exactly is that?  HA!   I need to do some plain old cleaning around here.  Things are bad again.  But I'm not entirely sure when that's going to happen.  Maybe this weekend?   (But I wouldn't be holding your breath or anything.)  As for what is my least favorite cleaning job, I'd have to say I dislike them all equally, but dusting and vacuuming kill my allergies.

4. lime-shamrock-sage-forest...your favorite shade of green?

     I like Crayola crayon green (which I think would be considered shamrock).

5. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." So...do you believe in luck or do you believe we make our own luck?

     I don't believe in luck.  I do believe that hard work pays off.  But more than anything, I believe in a loving Father who has a plan for our lives.  That's way better than luck!

6. Monday (3/14) was Pi Day. Get it? Pi =3.14. Those math types are so clever aren't they? Since I'm not one of them tell me what's your favorite piE (the edible kind).

     I'm kind of picky about pie, but my favorite is my grandma's homemade apple crumb pie.  It is SO good!

7. That same date (3/14) happens to be the birthdate of the late physicist Albert Einstein. I bet he knew the value of Pi. So...what do you think is more important and or valuable in life... intelligence or common sense?

     I know a lot of really smart people who have no common sense.  (Don't you?)  If you ask me, I would always rather have common sense. 

8. Five hours of sleep = braindead Beta sponsor.  But we had a great convention!  If you have never heard of the Beta Club, look them up here.   If you want to be inspired by our excellent keynote speaker, Donnie Thurman, Jr., go here.  (I forgive him for making us do the ugly cry during his wonderful talk.) 

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering why Pi was trending on twitter, just thought it was a load of odd mathematicians! I LOVE St. Paddy's day and I don't even have an ounce of Irish in me. The Irish know how to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The life our Father has for us is much better than any luck we may try to conjure up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you and Michelle on the luck thing. Good answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with #7! I know people with no sense. I love pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're on Spring Break this week; crazy to have it before it's officially spring, but we needed it! The Board took away our Presidents' Day and Professional Dev. Day the day after, so we were ready for the break!
    I answered #7 very similar to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wearing green counts as celebrating : ) I enjoyed your answers, #5 especially!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...