Sunday, April 24, 2011

Prayer Monday - April 25, 2011






Praises:
  • On Easter weekend, first and foremost, I am thankful that I serve a Risen Savior! 
  • I got to go see Uncle James this morning and he looks so much better than the last time I was there!  He's breathed on his own for a week now, can talk, and doesn't have any chest tubes anymore!  They hope to move him into progressive care over the next week.  Your prayers are still appreciated, but he has come so far, and never would have been able to without the touch of God.
  • One of the girls I have been praying for delivered a perfectly healthy baby boy last week.  Mama is good, too.
Requests:
  • As  I sit at my desk, I am watching flood waters rise. My house will be okay, but I know a lot of others won't be, as the rain is to continue for several more days and the rivers are going to crest close to or above all time records.  Please pray for all those affected by this wet spring.
  • For a friend and for her father, whose health is deteriorating rapidly.  She lost a son five years ago to cancer and her husband is deployed overseas. 
  • For my friends who are still expecting babies, including Tara (who will be home soon! yay!)
  • For the personal request I mentioned last week.  I am still believing that God's going to show up in a big way!
  • For Lucy, because I wish no one had cancer, but especially wish kids didn't.

Father, I can't begin to gather every request I have come across this week.  The needs of Your people are many, but You are big enough to be small enough.  Thank You for dying on the cross for me, but thank You for rising again that much more.  I don't serve a Savior in the tomb, but one who is alive and well!  Be with each of the girls this week.  Move in ways that speak to our hearts.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea. :) I hope you had a wonderful Easter. He is Risen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Taylor! It's open to anyone. All you have to do is link up on Crystal's page. (It was her idea, and I'm so glad that we do it each week.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...