1. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time or have a significant conversation with two people?
I would almost always rather have a good conversation with a couple of people than small talk with a bunch of people. I love to talk, but I loathe small talk. Unless I am socially obligated, you will probably find me talking to the few people I know off in a corner rather than being the life of the party or a social butterfly.
2. What objects do you remember from your parent's living room?
Considering that I go over there all the time, I hope I remember most of things from my parents' living room. My favorite thing will always be the piano. I can't play, despite lessons, but my mom does. We've spent hours upon hours singing around that piano, whether just clowning around or actually practicing for something Dad, Lu or I were supposed to sing at.
3. Do you hog the bed? Steal the covers? Snore?
The beauty of being single is that I sleep smack dab in the middle of it, so yes, I hog the bed and steal the covers. Delilah also tends to take up more than her fair share of the bed. And unfortunately, I also snore quite a bit. (I have serious sinus/allergy issues!)
4. Speaking of Easter dinner....what is your favorite way to cook/eat lamb? Or does just the thought of that make you squeamish? If you're not cooking lamb what will be your entree du jour on Easter Sunday?
We don't have lamb, which is good because the thought of lamb makes me queasy. I'm assuming that if we have a get-together for Easter (and I'm assuming at least my immediate family will, if not the whole crew), we will have turkey and/or ham.
5. Let's throw some politics into this week's mix-oooohhh...Do you know the whereabouts of your birth certificate and when was the last time you had to produce it to prove you're you?
I do in fact know where my birth certifcate is, because I had to order a copy a few years ago. I never had to produce it, but I did carry it with me when I went to Puerto Rico because we were told we might need it. And let me just say that in five more years, I could run for President according to the Constitution, just like our current (Hawaiian-born) President. I don't agree with his politics, but I do believe him to be a citizen.
6. As a child, how did people describe you?
The same way they describe me now--loud and talkative. My parents thought I had a hearing disorder, actually. But it was my mouth that was the problem, not my ears.
7. What do you complain about the most?
I'll admit it. I'm a complainer. I try to keep it at a minimum, because I know how good I have it. But especially among my friends, I know that I complain about entirely too many things. I am not, however, one of those people who complains in a restaurant or store about service. I'm too much of a people pleaser to do that. I will, however, get online and write a letter to their customer service department. Though I've only really done it once.
8. I'm so glad that track season starts this week! It's my favorite time of the school year.