1. Summer's here-whoohoo! What's your favorite sight, sound, AND smell associated with summer?
This calls for a bulleted list:
- Sight: Lightning bugs in the tall grass
- Sound: Fireworks
- Smell; Sunscreen
2. Fireflies or lightning bugs...what are they called in your neck of the woods?
I've always called them lightning bugs, but some people here say fireflies too.
3. What is something from the past week that reminded you of your childhood?
Being with "my kids" for a few days can't help but make me think about what it was like to be the kid on the trip and not the adult in charge. I didn't just go on Beta trips, but church trips and all kinds of other things. On one church trip when I was in high school, the last thing they told us before we got off the bus was that there were to be no guys in the girls' rooms or vice versa. I think when we got caught there were 16 people in our room, at least half of them being boys. Nothing happened, but I remember thinking it was all so funny (it still kind of is) and not getting why the adults were so uptight about it! Needless to say, I get it now...
4. Define 'the good life'.
The good life is the life in which you are comfortable, where you have all the things you could possibly need, and most of your wants. To me, the good life would be a house on the beach, good friends close by, and enough money to make working something I wanted to do, instead of something I had to do. Everything after that would just be icing on the cake.
5. Tell us what we'd see if you took a snapshot of your desk/work space?
If you were looking at my "fort" at work, your first thought would probably be "Where is her desk?" Things are always in a thousand different piles, but I know where everything is. I have a bullentin board behind me full of schedules, student artwork and funny little things I've clipped out. I also have my computers, one for grades and one for my SMART board.
At home, you'd probably still wonder where the top of the desk is, but it's not quite as messy. I have my computer, printers and all my other worldly goods there. Plus, my handmade cabinet/desk full of treasures and my CD and DVD collections.
6. Peaches or watermelon...yes, you have to choose.
Watermelon. I love peaches, but there's just nothing quite as good as a cold watermelon on a warm summer day.
7. Ever been skinny dippin'? Is that too much for the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Rest assured we won't need details...unless of course you feel you must but remember, this is a family friendly blog so keep it G rated.
I've never been skinny dippin'. This is probably related directly to the fact that I have never been skinny. Ha!
8. I've spent this evening reading over old journal entries. It's interesting to look back several years and see just where you were and how much or how little things have changed.