Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How To Make Dumplings-- A (Sort Of) Photo Tutorial

Sunday was Chicken and Dumpling Dinner Day at my grandma's.  She makes the most amazing dumplings, ones that are often attempted but never quite duplicated.  Here's a little photo shoot of our family's tradition.  This cannister has been on my grandma's counter all my life...  
Then she makes the dough, which is supposedly just broth and flour, but I don't really believe she's giving away all of the secrets here...
Then the rolled dough is cut with this antique dough cutter, which also makes them all pretty...

This is my grandma, maker of all things yummy. 
The almost finished product, ready to go into the pan
Once they boil, they are ready to eat.  Grandma said that she made seven cups worth of dough for dinner, and every last one was eaten by the end of lunch!  I think that says it all!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say I like dumplings but I have never been a fan. Maybe your Grandma could change that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...