Friday, July 22, 2011

Swamp People and Other Things I Love

I don't know about you all, but I love Swamp People.  The season finale was last night, and now I'm unsure how I will spend my Thursday nights.  If you haven't seen this show, well, first of all you are missing out!  But let me sum it up for you.  The History Channel follows alligator hunters during the 30-day season in the swamps of Louisiana.  PETA doesn't care much for it, but I think it's pretty awesome!  It doesn't mock the hunters' way of life.  It shows them as the proud, strong, hard-working people they are.  My favorites are Troy, who's sort of the star of the show, and Liz, his shooter.  Liz is both tough and feminine, and I just don't think many shows would bother to highlight that (plus she uses the same kind of gun Annie Oakley did!).  If you haven't checked it out, consider this an official recommendation.

But Swamp People isn't the only thing I love.  Lately, I'm also loving Celia Rivenbark books (so is my sister), rewatching all the seasons of How I Met Your Mother, and Adele's version of "I Can't Make You Love Me." 

What you are you loving right now?  Tell me all about it in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Burn Notice and Suits...which happen to air on Thursday night!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...