Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thought Provoking Thursdays - 7/7/11




1. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness of strength?
   
    I'm not really a public crier.  If I'm crying and you see me, I'm either really sad or really angry.  But, I get that's not really the question.  If I were to be completely honest, I think that it's more commonly considered a sign of weakness.  How many times were we told to stop crying or our parents would give us something to cry about.  I think that as a woman, crying can sometimes get you what you want, but it usually just makes people think that you can't handle your emotions.  (Please don't throw things, it's just this non-crier's opinion.  If you are a crier, I think you should embrace that about yourself.)
     

2. What sustains you on a daily basis?

     Hope sustains me.  I hope that things will work out for the people I love, and for myself.  I don't know how people survive if they don't have that hope in something more.  And for me, that will always be anchored in Jesus Christ.


3. What do you do to relieve stress?

      It depends on what the stress is.  Sometimes I eat.  Sometimes I go out with my girls.  I might scream or snap.  I will make list upon list upon list.  I shop for things that I don't really need.  I'm not saying all of these things are healthy, so you may not want to try this at home...

1 comment:

  1. How could I forget retail therapy? I totally do that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...