Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Wednesday Hodgepodge - 7/6
1. What is the most useful book in your house?
The standard answer should be the Bible, right? So, we're looking for second most useful....hmmm...would Glamour magazine count? Sometimes it's really thick and it's full of useful tips.
2. What's worse-being too hot or too cold?
TOO HOT!! The AC is out in my car right now, and it's been in the 90s. You can always put on more clothes if you are cold, but you can only take so many off and still be socially appropriate. (Though I have seen entirely too many people testing that theory recently! Put some clothes on, ladies. No one wants to see all that!)
3. Share something that made you smile this past weekend.
Hanging with all the hilarious people for Crystal's birthday! I did better than smile, I laughed until I cried. My friends are too funny!
4. How do you like your hamburgers? Or don't you?
I love a good hamburger! And I want it cooked well on the grill, on a fresh bun with cheese, lots of pickles, and ketchup.
5. What's your summer beach read? If it's not summer in your part of the world then tell us what book you're reading in front of the fire while sipping hot cocoa.
I just finished Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner and now I'm finally reading The Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin. Reading books that aren't textbooks is one of my favorite things about summer!
6. How was your birthday celebrated when you were a kid?
Birthdays are a big deal in my family. I always had a family party and especially once I was in school, I usually got to have a sleepover. Sometimes it was just one friend, but several years I got to have as many as 10 friends stay the night. I also had one birthday party at my grandpa's barn. I love a good party! I'm trying to decide what I want to do for the big 3-0 this year, in fact!
7. What's something that is totally uncool that you love anyway?
I'm a nerd, so there are a lot of things that I love that other people think are uncool. History, for instance. Or The Antiques Roadshow. I love cheesy rom-coms, sappy love songs, I could go on and on...
8. I'm looking forward to the adventures of the upcoming weekend! Yard sales, movies, swimming, sleepovers. I love summer vacation!