Monday, August 22, 2011

Things

I don't normally post twice in one day, but I just have things on my mind (and technically, I wrote the Prayer Monday post last night, so I've had plenty of time to accumulate thoughts).  These things are in no particular order and not really related so just bear with me.

I wonder how my dress got so wrinkled when all I did in it was drive the four minutes to work.  However, I know that I don't iron things (I'm not even sure where my iron is) so, that could be part of the problem.

I wonder what the kids in my classes go home to at night.  I'd like to believe that they all go home to healthy, happy family relationships where they are loved and supported.  But unfortunately, I know better.  Teaching is the kind of job where your work always goes home with you, and I'm not talking about grading papers.  I wonder how in the world some of the kids I've had over the years have managed to become such awesome people in spite of everything, and I pray for those I have now.

I wonder about my church situation.  I've felt God speaking new things to me for a while now.  But change is scary, people.  I have a lot more questions than I do answers and I have been putting it off as often as possible.  But the day is coming where I won't be able to keep putting things off.  It's right there on the horizon and I have no clue what I'm going to do when it gets here.  Well, that's not completely true.  I have clues, I just don't have the bright flashing signals that come in so handy in situations where decisions must be made.

I wonder about the weird dreams I've been having right before I wake up.  Not that I mind Aretha Franklin cameos in my dreams.

I wonder if I will ever meet a man who actually loves me back, have a wardrobe I don't want to throw out every Monday morning, or if my cat will ever stop biting me so hard she leaves a mark.

My brain is a scary, random place, dear friends, full of wonders and what ifs.  Trust me on that.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Leave me one here...